An exceptional new Free School for East Devon
The brand new Westclyst Community Primary School (WCPS) is run by the same Trust which has, since 2010, been responsible for Broadclyst Community Primary School (BCPS), a school judged by Ofsted as outstanding and acknowledged by the Schools Minister as being in the top 250 schools in the UK.
This new, much-needed 420-place school is currently being built in Hillside Gardens, Westclyst, where a large number of houses have recently been built, and a total of 11,000 are planned over the next few years.
While the building is in progress, children in the first reception class will be beginning their school days this September in a specially-constructed classroom building in the grounds of BCPS, just a mile from Westclyst. These youngsters will benefit from all the facilities and opportunities at BCPS, while still working with their own dedicated teaching staff in their own classroom.
The teaching, facilities and technology for which BCPS has earned its outstanding reputation will be replicated at Westclyst Community Primary School.
WCPS will be a school that your child will be excited about attending! An innovative and technologically advanced primary school, it will:
- welcome children aged from 4 to 11
- provide outstanding teaching
- personalise the curriculum to the needs of individual children, so that all can be included
- utilise the latest technology at the heart of both teaching and learning
- ensure high academic achievement and outstanding progress for all pupils
- extend the school day through a rich range of extended curriculum opportunities
- offer a community hub for children and their families
Need to know more? See our FAQs.